44444 Mound Rd., Suite 100 - Sterling Heights, MI 48314

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Living Trust Agreement?

  • A Trust is an arrangement, usually established by a written document, to provide for the management and disposition of assets. It normally involves three parties: the person who establishes the trust (sometimes called a donor, grantor, settlor, or trustor), a trustee, and one or more beneficiaries. A Living Trust is a trust that one establishes during one's lifetime which is not part of one's will, but is usually established by a separate written trust agreement.

What is a Pour Over Will?

  • Safety net telling the Probate Court to take any assets that were mistakenly left out of the trust and “pour them” into the Living Trust so the Successor Trustee can distribute them accordingly.

What is Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare?
  • Allows you to identify one individual you trust to make medical decisions upon your disability or inability to participate in medical decisions up to and including life support.

What is Durable Power of Attorney for Assets?

  • Allows an individual you assign on your accounts to make decisions not only over bank accounts, but also gives him or her power over all financial decisions.  Without this form your children or the individual whom you trusted cannot make even simple decisions.
What is Nomination of Guardianship?
  • Allows an individual to carry out financial wishes and to take care of you on a daily basis.

What is a Living Will?

  • States your final wishes regarding excess medical treatment and other health and mortality related issues while alive.

What does a Client needs to bring:  (copies are fine)

  • Deeds to all homes and/or land and property in Michigan
  • Deed copies can be obtained from the Register of Deeds office in the county where the property is located in.
  • Full name, birth date, address and telephone number(s) for all children and beneficiaries
  • Information regarding your assets i.e.: stocks, bonds, IRA, 401k, checking, savings, funding, life insurance and annuities

Do I need to bring my spouse with me?

  • Both husband and wife need to be at consultation